Sunday, March 9, 2008

High School

I have some good memories from high school. But I feel like I spent most of my time just surviving it. Being a teenager is tough. But last night on Facebook, I found a friend that I graduated with in 1969. Ted was one of the guys I admired greatly. He was so smart, and achieved so much, while I felt like I was just holding on by my fingertips. Well, he has continued to use his gifts, and I found out that he thought I was cute!!! Isn't that neat!?? I had a fun IM session with him.

I'm still quite happy with were I am in my life. Hey, I just upgraded my bike, new shifters, new wheels and rear cassette; Man, it's like a different bike....makes me feel like a better rider! But, connecting with Ted gave me something special. A perspective of myself from long ago. And it was great fun "talking" with someone that I knew from school. I plan on staying in touch with him, but I promise not to forward stupid jokes or chain letters....my sister does that to me! I hate it!

7 comments:

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

Theresa, I've had the same experience connecting with old high school friends -- isn't it fun? And I never wanted to even think about high school ever again... barely held on by my fingertips, just like you.
I wish you all great things in life because you deserve them.
Camille

Julie said...

Theresa, the cosmic connection continues - not two weeks ago, I set up on Facebook for the first time and found two old friends from high school! Chris and I were best friends in early Elementary school, and knew each other thru HS. But I hadn't seen him since then. He has a two-year old son, and I recognized the son more than I recognized Chris! Like you, we had a lot of fun catching up, it's funny how you can just pick right up with no pretensions. I'm with you and Camille on those years, yikes.

Hope we get pics of the "new" bike, how exciting! I almost went for a ride today, but the wind chill was below freezing, and the roads are horrendous around here. With the time change, tho, won't be long!

Barbara said...

Theresa,

I was SO disappointed that my HS class didn't have a reunion last fall (should have been 35!). I've had such fun reconnecting with my high school friends - and even with classmates I barely talked to in high school.

I was a total geek in HS - and trying SO hard not to be one! My older brother redefined "weird" (wore his hair in a crewcut in the early 70's, which those of us who were there know was still part of what we now call the 60's)

At our 10-year reunion, I realized that the old barriers between the "cool" and "not cool" kids had disappeared - and the few people who thought they (the barriers) were still there had become totally NOT COOL.

Keep blogging! I still had you in my Favorites!

Barbara said...

Oops, didn't finish my sentence about my brother - I was just so intent on not being labeled as "George's sister" with the attendant assumptions that I was just as weird as he was!

It's tough to be a teenager!

Amy H said...

Theresa, you are totally cute :)

Unknown said...

T, Y can't i find you on facebook?
i love facebook. towards the end of last year i found a girl i haven't seen since we finished school (she lived in zambia [still does]). within 3 days she was on a plane and came to spend a week with me. we were both 17 again for that week. it was wonderful.
and can i just say, i was a total rebel at school - broke every rule in the book. so you see - we ALL change !

cat2bike said...

You guys are great! What in the world did I do without you??

T