Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I connected with old friends!

I received an email from a young couple, that owned the first spinning studio that I ever walked in to. Matt is an racer, and his wife Kelly is a great spinning teacher! They are living in CA, now. Not far from 3 of the fires.

Matt has the dubious distinction of turning me on to Pro-cycling! He had no idea what kind of creature he was creating, when he helped me understand the 2004 Tour de France with Lance.
I've come a long way since then!

He never even saw my beautiful bike, and all the special stuff we did to it. He doesn't realize I have a framed poster of the 2007 CSC team on my wall above my computer. Or that I have an autographed Velo News cover of Floyd in Paris 2006. And he's never seen my collection of autographs, or the personally autographed picture of Brad Huff sprinting with Tony Cruz at Downer's Grove in Aug 2006, when Brad won the Stars and bars jersey, his first Pro year. And he doesn't know the story of me getting an autograph from Tony Cruz in Downers Grove, and then taking his bag to help him get to his room with his bike and luggage, and chatting about his new contract with BMC, and the demise of Discovery.

But Matt and Kelly, got to know me pretty well. And they will probably laugh, and not be too shocked about these new experiences I've had.

And I still take spin classes on a Johnny G spinning bike, too!!! But now, I only spin during the months that temps only get to 60 or 65 degrees and lower.

It's so good to hear from them. Maybe I'll get to see them again, sometime....their parents still live here in Springfield!

No comments: