Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Snowy Saturday afternoon

I just realized I didn't share any stories from last Sept. Tour of Missouri. Of course, I was thrilled with Christian Vande Velde winning! As a member of the breakaway club I received a signed yellow jersey! So cool.
We had the remants of a hurricane come thru the state and affect the last stage in St Louis. In St Charles, stage 6, Brad Huff placed third behind Mark Cavendish!! Could it have been sweeter? I had such a good time, and enjoyed my out of town friends, Janann and Alan from Iowa, and Nikki from Chicago. I'm really looking forward to this years race, Floyd Landis is back in the peleton!!

I also broke my wrist. The other one this time. This is getting old. And I did it on ice, right out my front door...in my pj's.

The Amgen Tour of California was terrific. And the weather was horrible the first two or three stages. The Euro riders could have stayed home in northern Europe and enjoyed the North Sea! But it was a great race, and this year I'm buying the DVD. I was very happy with the podium!!

Well, at 5:30pm, I go on-call til 1pm tomorrow. I could take a nap....that sounds good.

No comments: